Type of Work: Full-time
Skills, Knowledge and Personal Characteristics:
General apartment maintenance experience, knowledge of appliance repair, light carpentry, plumbing and electrical knowledge, knowledge of safety procedures, safety conscious. Steady and dependable, ability to work with pressure of deadlines, and ability to flex work schedule to accommodate after hour and weekend emergencies.
Summary of Functions:
Responsible for maintaining the physical condition and appearance of all properties under management. Organize, coordinate, manage the overall maintenance programs including exterior property appearance, timely work order service, quality make-ready program, and cost effective inventory control of the supplies and equipment. Required to be “on call” 24 hours.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: (Duties may included, but are not limited to):
- Diagnose and perform minor and routine maintenance/repair in a timely and professional manner. Assure all service requests are completed on a daily basis and all work areas have been left clean, tidy and not in disarray. Accurately document work performed on service request(s), including parts and deliver completed service requests to management by start of the next business day. Complete renewal service requests in the same timely fashion. Follow up on completed service requests to ensure satisfaction. Follow up on incomplete service requests in a timely manner.
- Promote good public relations with residents, co-workers, and company staff through great “people” attitude and resident trust. Always display a friendly and courteous attitude towards residents, homeowners, and other employees. Never confront a supervisor or other employees in front of residents or homeowners.
- Inspect vacated apartments and complete make ready checklist. Inform property supervisor of needed services and repairs. Routinely perform duties to restore apartments to “rent ready” status. Re-inspect vacant apartments after make-ready has been completed to determine quality of work performed. Ensure adequate number of rent ready units are available and that the products are up to company standards. Coordinate status of make-readies with property supervisor and/or resident manager.
- Complete special projects as may be assigned and prioritized by Hoag Property Management.
- Inspect exterior of the property. Perform building and common area upkeep in accordance withcompany standards. Assist in keeping grounds neat and few of litter.
- Assist with the tenant improvements as required. Ensure vacant units are “trashed out” within 24 hours of move-out.
- Complete or oversee the completion of preventative maintenance. Maintain accurate records and provide resident training as required.
- Order parts and supplies and maintain inventory, utilizing inventory system. Maintain “shop” appearance to company standards to facilitate quick assessment of supply inventory. Maintain proper equipment and equipment inventory to ensure warranty compliance.
- Perform effective emergency maintenance (after hours) as required.
- Coordinate maintenance objectives with the property supervisor, resident manager andmanagement.
- Perform, and report on, all work according to the safety standards of the company, OSHA, and health codes. Perform work area clean up on each and every job.
Organizational Relationships: Reports directly to the President, who has the primary authority to determine the exact “day-to-day” duties of the technician. Property supervisors provide routine daily instructions or service requests. Assignment of service requests will be determined by taking into consideration individual’s technical skills, experience and how they best fit into the operational needs of the properties. Works with property supervisors, other maintenance staff, resident managers, vendors, and other company staff.
Other Requirements:Hours of work: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Must be “on call” 24 hours per day when scheduled or per rotation turn.Overtime: As needed for emergencies.
Physical Requirements: Extensive mobility and excellent physical condition. Ability to lift 100lbs., necessary for installation and removal of appliances. Ability to operate all necessary hand tools to make repairs. Ability to kneel, crouch, climb, and crawl, etc. to reach items in need of repairs. Ability to drive to and from job sites. Tolerance to all extremes of hot and cold weather, as may be necessary.
Tools: Must provide own basic tools. Must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following:
- Hand tools: Various wrenches, screwdrivers, grips, sledge hammer, hammer, snips, post hole diggers, saws, etc.
- Power tools: Wrenches, grinder, sander, drill, saw, etc.
- User-Moved Aids: Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, stepladders,full ladders, double ladders
- Mechanical Equipment: Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand poweredaugers, etc.
- Measuring Devices: Voltmeters, ohmmeters, test meters, PH tests, etc.
Transportation: Must have dependable vehicle to transport tools and equipment to job sites. Must provide proof of liability insurance for said vehicle and maintain throughout employment. Must be bondable and have a valid driver’s license.
Education: High school education or trade school required.